Release notesRelease: 6.0 - Version: 20220809-01
- A first version of the new showcase overview has been released at /showcase/.
- Since the IT-Administrator magazine is only for the German market, the URL /magazine/ and the menu to it do not appear on the international page anymore.
- Update some html markup-errors.
- Migrated the internal messaging system completely to ArangoDB.
- This was the last part in our migration. It took about 2 years from idea to implementation and is now successfully completed. If something is wrong, please send us an internal message.
- Change from PHP 7.4 to 8.1
- If a tag is not found, a 404 page now appears with a corresponding note.
- The detail page of the internal messages has been revised. The header of the message has a new design.
- Bugfix: The comment notifications were no longer summarized as one notification. Instead, there were many individual notifications in the web interface. This bug is fixed now.
- Users whose usernames consisted only of numbers were automatically renamed and notified. All usernames must have at least one letter in the name.
- The notification system has now been completely switched to ArangoDB. Since we had to rework more than 10K lines of code for this, there may be bugs that we did not find in our testing. If something is wrong with the beach notifications, please send us an internal message.
- Notifications now take into account the language of the user in the head and footer of the message. We had already changed the message itself.
- Added icons for navigation in the internal messages (PM) section.
- The redirect /category/tag_key works again. It is often used in old posts or the FAQs.
- SEO: Update meta description in 'latest' tag overview if no description is available
- Internal: Some test changes for the international version.
- SEO: hreflang taken out again, had no positive effect
- SEO: Changed the detail URL of the international page to '/en/xyz-content_key.html'.
- Fixed manual cookie settings on the international side.
- You can now also click on the individual tags in the overviews (Home, Search, Knowledge, etc.) and immediately get to the tag overview of the respective tag.
- Fixed bug in avatar upload: Since the name of the avatar images remained the same after upload, browser caching still displayed the old avatar. From now on, the avatar and also background images have dynamic names. Also, the avatar image is replaced directly in the menu bar after upload. You don't need a hard reload anymore.
- Various optimizations in the DB (ticker, posts, views, tags)
- DB Optimized: The ticker overview should be much faster now.
- DB Optimized: Search and tag pages should be much faster now.
- Posts that have been moved to the trash (but not yet completely deleted) no longer appear in the individual overviews and also no longer in the stream.
- Comments that belong to posts that have been moved to the trash will no longer appear in the stream and comment overview.
- Parser: Fixed a bug in the text praser for displaying colors. These were not always displayed correctly. Thanks to @aqui for the help.
- SEO: User profiles that do not contain any content get a robots 'noindex' entry in the meta, so that Google does not scan these users. These cause 404 softerrors in the Google Search Console and are not scanned by Google anyway (but reported as errors). To prevent this, we take these users out of indexing until they have added more content (including the sitemaps).
- Some old URLs still added as redirects. e.g. /forum/detail.php? etc.
- The Lighttpd security setting has been updated: lighttpd now performs strict URL parsing and normalization on HTTP requests. This is a recommendation from the lighttpd team.
- Article Edit: The maximum size of an upload in a post has been increased from 2 MB to 4 MB.
- Comment Edit: The maximum size of an upload in a post has been increased from 2 MB to 4 MB.
- In the main menu the items 'Ticker' and 'Knowledge' are swapped.
- Renamed the 'Themes' item in the main menu to 'Tags'.
- INTERN: Unified the url of all detail pages. I.e. they are no longer called via '/content/detail.php?id=3017822548', but only via their Seo optimized url. Example: /knowledge/http3-offiziell-als-standard-verabschiedet-3017822548.html
- INTERN: The URL handling internally changed and unified: The individual URLs are now found via regular expression and internally assigned to the classes accordingly. Real files no longer exist. This makes the management of URLs much easier and you don't have to configure e.g. redirects from old URLs etc. in the web server anymore. If you find a URL that doesn't work anymore, please report it via PN.
- INTERN: When editing 'posts' and 'comments' moved the corresponding Ajax calls to new simplified APIs. The output was changed from HTML to Json in the new APIs.
- SEO: All detail pages are now only displayed within their respective language. I.e. if you call up a German article on the international page (.pro), you now get a 404 (and vice versa). Until now there was a redirect to the respective language. Unfortunately Google does not cope with the language mapping for the page.
- SEO: Added some additional meta tags for Google to our framework (noindex, nofollow, nosnippet, noarchive etc.).
- SEO: Some internal page (like member pages, internal messages, notifications, etc.) marked with 'noindex' so search engines won't index them accidentally.
- Server switch to HTTP/2
- Profile: The statistics in the profile extended by the post types.
- BUGFIX: Fixed job counter error in statistics.
- Fix a Bug from Safari Browsers. In the grid element, since the latest update to macOS 12.4 or iOS 15.5, the CSS minmax() function no longer works correctly if there is a second CSS grid within one. Then the elements jump back and forth. We were able to work around the bug.
- Searchfield focus now also works under Safari browser
- ALt+S (Windows) or Option+S (mac) now opens the search field for the global search.
- When uploading from the user avatar and background image, improved the quality and process for checking the uploaded image.
- BUGFIX: If a user was named '@user_name_xyz' within a text and then is no longer a member, only the UserID and not the original username will now appear in the text
- Profile: The profile overview has been completely revised. On the start page you can now first see new comments (teaser) then the posts themselves in the design of the start page. In our view, this display is clearer than a stream. In addition, the search for posts is immediately visible and quickly accessible.
- Profile: The stream view for the individual user has been removed from the profile again. This has no effect on the normal stream.
- Profile: When clicking on the user level, a statistic of the user now appears. This is so far quite similar to the one on the left info page, but will be extended more and more over time.
- Profile: When clicking on the user level, a first version of badges now appears for the users. These are badges that some users have achieved so far. Currently, there are not yet very many, but we will expand them constantly over time. The beginning is made in any case.
- Put the welcome teaser on the right side.
- Set the default time for 'Most commented' and 'Most called' to 1 month.
- The side view of the profiles adapted to our current design.
- Added the 'Series' feature. A series is a summary of several own posts to a self-defined topic. Siehe dazu FAQ: #40
- SEO: 'hreflang' added to home page and overviews.
- Opengraph Meta: language tag 'og:locale' added.
- Opengraph Meta: language tag 'og:site_name' changed depending on language.
- Meta: Tag 'application-name' changed depending on language.
- Profile: The search result in the profile of the given user for the posts significantly improved. Previously, only the text was searched, but not the title. Now both fields are searched with weighting.
- Changed the url for the permanent user profile: From '/userid/user_id' -> to: '/user/user_id'.
- The url for the user profile now always stays with the scheme '/user/_user_name/' when linking. The urls no longer change to '/members/profil.php' (e.g. when sorting or searching). The page has been adjusted accordingly everywhere.
- You can now enter the name of the user or their user ID in '/user/‚ path. The system will then automatically recognize the user using this information. Reminder: The user ID can be found in the info box on the right side of the user profile.
- FIX: The profile and tags are now reloaded correctly after login (depending on login setting).
- Details page: In the detail menus (the three dots on the right) added two new items: 'Copy internal and external post link'. The first item 'internal' copies the internal link with the scheme [content:xyz] to the clipboard, the second item 'external' copies the permanent URL to the clipboard. For users who link here many posts internally it is now easier to get to the internal link.
- Comments detail page: Both of the above items have also been added to the respective comment menus for the individual comments (the three dots to the right of them). Internal: [content:content_id#comment_id], External: https://URL of the respective comment.
- The length of a post title was limited to max 120 characters.
- There were still a few messages when editing a post that were not yet translated correctly. These messages have now been translated.
- In the overviews (homepage, etc.) to the icons still a hint added, what they mean.
- Bugfix: When registering, the information ‚IT-Focus' and 'User group' were unfortunately stored incorrectly. The error is now fixed. However, the same selection under 'Settings' worked. So it could be that users who did not update this information after registration have wrong information in the field. Please check!
- Some CSS improvements for mobile view.
- For SEO reasons, we are abandoning the previous permanent URL '/contentid/_key'. The url will still work, but will no longer be displayed in the post under the submenu: Parmanent link or linked anywhere. If you call the URL, you will be redirected to the actual URL. In the end, the actual URL is also the permanent link. As long as the URL contains the post ID at the end, the link will always work, no matter what words are in the title.
- If you now call the URL '/contentid/1234' you will be redirected to the complete URL. Example: /forum/this-is-the-post-1234.html
- On the details page in the comment menus, renamed the 'Copy permanent link' menu to 'Copy comment link' and adjusted the URL according to the above measures.
- Made the article image more visible under 'Edit post'.
- New CSS cache system. The old one didn't work well with Google and Seo.
- FIX: In stream deleted user was displayed with their link and avatar. The error has now been fixed.
- FIX: In stream deleted content or comments was displayed. The error has now been fixed.
- Profiles: In the sidebar in the user profile the user ID info added. This is always needed.
- FIX: Some api fix in profile.
- FIX: In the international .pro version, German content was displayed again after the automatic reload of the stream. The error is now fixed.
- Changed the avatar image for deleted users and deleted the dash through profile picture. The strike through profile picture looks like the comment or post behind it is of little value. But this is not true, even contributions from deleted users have a great value with us and can be actively discussed further. If a user is deleted, no name but a number appears.