Release notesRelease: 6.0 - Version: 20221125-05
- The internal tag editor now saves the tag images in webp format in addition to jpg format. Let's try the webp format. The resolution was changed to the 16:9 format. The quality of the jpeg images has been set from 80% to 90%, so that even the small tag images look reasonably good.
- Some corrections in the article images: When selecting the image area, you can now zoom with the mouse wheel or touchpannel. The article images now have internally different resolutions in pure 16:9 format. Also we store additionally a webP version of all article images. Previous article images still work.
- In some comment overviews (in the description text) the CSS word-breaking was still missing, so that long words can break in case of emergency.
- Some corrections in the language settings in the meta tags.
- In the dashboard, users can now search for their own posts, comments or job offers. The set filters remain active (language, sorting, type). This way, users can find their own content again very quickly and easily.
- Users can now block other users. To do this, simply go to the corresponding profile and select 'More' -> 'Block this User'. This is exactly how you can unblock them again.
- Blocking refers to replying to posts or comments and writing messages. However, the blocked user can still read all posts. Without a registration requirement, this cannot be realized in any other way.
- Under 'Settings' there is now an item 'Blocking' where you can see a list of all blocked users.
- If you visit a profile that blocks you while you are logged in, a message appears.
- For closed posts, the quote and comment buttons are hidden in the comments.
- The 'Administrator' (LOGO) font in the main menu above (blue) now adopts the respective system font. We give up our own scrhiftart in favor of load time and performance. It also renders nicer than our own font from 2000 :-)
- In the main menu at the top (blue) added a new item for the selection of the language (DE|EN). We wanted to take an icon at the beginning, but the DE/EN fits better and is clearer. Let's see how it is liked and accepted.
- The site now supports English and German as interface. In the data you can choose whether you see only the respective language or all posts in all languages.
- The domain administrator.pro is redirected to administrator.de again. The language is now automatically detected by the browser and is no longer dependent on the domain. There is now only one domain for both languages (the .de domain). Advantage: You don't need to jump back and forth anymore and there is also only one login.
- When adding a comment in a different language than the post itself, a note will be displayed indicating the language. Let's see if this is enough.
- For all overviews, an indication of the language is displayed if it does not match the current language setting.
- The main menu better adapted to small screen resolutions (test under: iPhone 5, SE or the new window manager from iPad, Apple or Windows 11). The spacing and font sizes have been adjusted.
- In the stream, the info about type, comments and language was simplified.
- Internal: Test alternative pageview counter (content and profile). Counting the pageviews is very write-intensive for a database, especially with many users. We have therefore moved the counter to the ram memory, which then syncronizes with the DB. There is a delay of about 40-60 seconds in the accuracy of the individual pageviews. I think we can all live with that.
- Fixed URL error in /stream/ overview when selecting other options.
- Dashboard: In the posts overview you can now sort by the last comment.
- Dashboard: DB index optimized, all lists are displayed much faster.
- Detail: The formatting error in the source code view without login has been fixed.
- Edit: Simplified the hashtag selection and fixed the sorting bug. Deleting all tags too quickly using the Delete button is no longer possible.
- Internal: The new tag editor is ready and we can create new tags again.
- Intern: Typesense Test
- Intern: language-lib and translate-lib were separated.
- Internal: Update cache system.
- Internal: Namespace for the login changed. Unfortunately, this means that all users are logged out once. Sorry, this event is unique ;-)
- Internal: Namespace for cache, language cache and online user changed.
- Internal Arangodb: Update profile counter query.
- Internal: A first version of the new tag editor is online for the editors.
- We are taking the 'Report' type of post out of the Knowledge section and putting it under General Posts from now on. Since reports tend to be more personal opinions, it is better to discuss them in general.
- Fixed an error when searching with invalid UTF characters.
- Posts that are still in draft now report a 404 status when the URL is called (if they were once online, google knows the url). So they are taken out of the search result.
- Adjusted the pagination in the job overview.
- The tag overview has been completely redesigned.
- Edit post: You can now add multiple tags to a post (max. 5).
- All overviews have been adapted to the new tags.
- Tags overview: Tags that have not contained a post for a long time now automatically move to an archive. However, all posts remain on the page. The archived tags can be selected and displayed in the tag overview via pulldown.
- Internal: Various ArangoDB databases settings adjusted to available memory.
- When adding a post, there is now a note: 'How to post properly'. It is not displayed when editing.
- Details page: We have moved the author's position to the top. My wife thought it would be better that way ;-)
- Changed the details page in the header. The tags are now displayed below the author. The tags are now also recognizable as #tags and got a new color scheme.
- CSS fixes in the search boxes and the pulldowns for this. In the current macOS Safari there were problems with the display of the pulldowns.
- Some internal fix in DB for trashcan, post without user association and tags.
- Some internal fix in DB for search (include search in tags).
- The details page now considers the upcoming tag system.
- The search now considers the upcoming tag system.
- Changed the welcome text on the home page.
- Reduce the top teaser on the home page from 4 to 3 elements. Is clearer
- The top teaser under 'homepage' now rotates best knowlede (3, top pos) and best articles (3 below pos) of a period. The number was increased to 6.
- The top teaser under 'Knowledge' now rotates knowledge articles of a period. Only posts that have an 'article image' set will be displayed. The number was increased to 6.
- Moved the Special: 'Windows 11' to the knowledge section.
- Improved the error message for the Redis databases.
- Users who have not logged in for a very long time will now receive a new password by mail after login. This way we ensure that every user internally gets a current password according to our new guidelines (since the ArangoDB conversion).
- Fix Display Bug if '@username' have a dot at the end.
- All email details on our forms (register, forgot password, ect.) are always converted to lowercase. This is more consistent.
- The login system has been updated. From now on the system 'remembers' the login data even after an expired session (if cookies are allowed).
- If you terminate the administrator account for permanent, you will now be globally logged out of all browsers at the same time.
- Added the 'Log out from all browsers' button under the settings -> Login -> 'Automatic login'.
- On the German site, the 'Golem Karrierewelt' was added to the knowledge section and to the detail pages for knowledge articles.
- The comment URLs in the profile on the international page were sometimes set incorrectly. This error has been fixed now.
- Ctrl + link to open a new tab works on Windows, Mac and Linux in the overviews.
- Minor text adjustments to various error messages.
- A first version of the new showcase overview has been released at /showcase/.
- Fix user statistic bug. Thx to @cykes.
- Since the IT-Administrator magazine is only for the German market, the URL /magazine/ and the menu to it do not appear on the international page anymore.
- Update some html markup-errors.
- Migrated the internal messaging system completely to ArangoDB.
- This was the last part in our migration. It took about 2 years from idea to implementation and is now successfully completed. If something is wrong, please send us an internal message.
- Change from PHP 7.4 to 8.1
- If a tag is not found, a 404 page now appears with a corresponding note.
- The detail page of the internal messages has been revised. The header of the message has a new design.
- Bugfix: The comment notifications were no longer summarized as one notification. Instead, there were many individual notifications in the web interface. This bug is fixed now.