Jun 24, 2021, updated at Jun 25, 2021 (UTC)
Microsoft announces Windows 11 with new Start menu
On June 24, 2021 Microsoft has presented the new Windows 11. Via an online event, Microsoft showed what the future of Windows 11 will bring. Due to the leaked version a few weeks ago, we already had a small insight into the innovations. It was therefore exciting to see what Microsoft would finally present.
These innovations come to us: **
- No more tiles, but a new centered Start menu with new icons
- Widgets are back, small personalizable windows that can display news, weather report, stock quotes or the like
- Microsoft Teams is firmly integrated into Windows 11
- Microsoft Store has been revamped to accept all types of programs for Windows (Universal Windows Platform (UWP) , Win32, .NET, Java or Atom apps)
- Android apps run via emulation and can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store (using the Amazon Fire app catalog)
- Future updates are expected to be up to 40% smaller in size
- Wireless Connect allows movies to be played on Smart TVs
- Multiple desktops including snap layouts and snap groups to better organize windows.
Windows 11 should be available as a free upgrade starting Christmas 2021.
The first installation images for trying out are to be released in the Insider Preview program at the beginning of next week. However, Microsoft also announced that these will not immediately contain all new features
Here are the official trailers for the new system:
Here is the complete event (approx. 45 minutes)
We tried to follow the event, which technically wasn't that easy
Here are our comments about it:
Please also mark the comments that contributed to the solution of the article
Printed on: December 4, 2022 at 05:12 o'clock